During this period of distance learning we will be sharing links, resources and more to help you. Check back often as we update this page. Click here to see photos from our distance learning days shared by parents.
Metropolitan Museum of Arts Met Kids
- Did you know that the Metropolitan Museum of Arts Met Kids website has a really amazing "Time Machine"? You select a time period, geography, and big idea and get back pieces of art from the Met's collection. You can then click on the art and find out about the artist. Some pieces have additional audio and video, and they all have prompts for kids to imagine something about the piece and to create something inspired by it
Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Do your kids love the Pigeon books, the Knuffle Bunny Series, the Elephant and Piggy collection? Author/illustrator Mo Willems invites YOU into his studio every day for his LUNCH DOODLE. Learners worldwide can draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo’s studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks. Grab some paper and pencils, pens, or crayons and join Mo to explore ways of writing and making together.
Virtual TravelLouvre Museum
Get away to Paris to see the heart of France.
Download a book
- Your local library has a wealth of digital ebooks and audiobooks available free of charge. Visit this page for instructions and information from Norwalk Library.
- Actresses Jennifer Garner and Amy Adams have started #savewithstories in conjunction with Save the Children to raise money for kids who have lost access to food at school. They are offering daily stories on Facebook and Instagram and are challenging their famous friends to do the same. So far, people like Reese Whitherspoon, Jimmy Fallon, Ron Howard and Katie Couric are among the 50 who have read favorites like The Big Red Barn, Harold and the Purple Crayon, Giraffes Can't Dance, and Dragons Love Tacos. Check it out, and support a great cause if you can!
Harry Potter Digital Escape Room
- All you Harry Potter fans out there... take a look at this at-home escape room! You can complete it on your own, or with others. Do you have what it takes?
Dan Gutman Read Aloud
- Author Dan Gutman is hosting Facebook live readings on weekdays at 2pm of some of his new and favorite books. All are recorded, so you can catch up!
Laurie Bernker Mini-Concert
- Preschool friends - do you need a little music and movement ? Check out this great at-home concert by Laurie Bernker.
Science and Nature
Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk
- The Maritime Aquarium is doing a daily weekday Facebook live Q&A at 3pm. Today's topic is conservation. Also, there are two weekly virtual events that require registration, one on Fridays for preschoolers and one on Wednesdays for students 12 and up. More info on the website.
Find links for an online coloring book and fun, at-home lesson plans for kids of all ages. You can learn to identify all the frogs you’ll hear this spring in Connecticut. Check out the online guide!
America's Test Kitchen for Kids
- Does your child aspire to be a future "Master Chef Junior", "Top Chef" or "Chopped" contestant? Check out America's Test Kitchen Kids page for tutorials, quizzes, recipes and activities all about cooking.
Monterey Bay Aquarium
- the AMAZING Monterey Bay Aquarium in California has 10 different live webcams set up that you can check out at your convenience throughout the day. Everything from playful sea otters to hypnotic jellyfish to sharks and penguins and more. Available 1pm-12am EST due to time difference.
- Check out this daily offering from the Cincinnati Zoo!
San Digeo Zoo-
The animal webcams provide hours of entertainment on a rainy day!
Just for Fun
Stepping Stones Museum
Need to get your move on? They are releasing Yoga and Music videos daily. Sign up for their newsletter to get daily activity ideas.